Skip to main content

Update: It Begins Again

Things have happened quickly these past two days (#thankful). I have just returned from starting chemo treatments again, this time in Red Deer (#thankful). There is some urgency in getting this going to keep the cancer from getting too strong. My chemo is supposed to be a triplet of drugs, but today I get only two of them as we still hope, pray and wait for funding for the third drug. We wait...

Advent is a time of waiting. Waiting for something incredible and immeasurably more important than the funding of a drug. We want to live each day anticipating, remembering and celebrating Emmanuel. God is with us!

Blessings to all of you!


Comments

  1. we continue to pray for healing, comfort, peace, and joy for you and Kathy.
    Harriette and August

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks August and Harriette. We pray the same for you. May you know how closely God walks with you.

      Delete
  2. Hi Brian, from Holland I am following your blogpost. I am so proud of your strength and courage. The Lord is able to do so much more then we can imagine or pray for. I hope you can grasp the whole meaning of that!
    What is the funding they are waiting for? Is that for you to raise the money to get treatment? Or is it funding that is needed to devellop the medicine itself?
    Can we help in any way?

    Love Esther, Sander, Corben en Max

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Esther. It's is so good to hear from you. I am a stubborn learner, but Kathy and I continue to know God's goodness in this. We were reminded in a sermon we streamed that there is nothing we can do and nothing that can happen that can write us out of God's story. Christmas is evidence of how deep God's love is and how far God will go to hold on to and save us.
      I am stuck in no-man's-land on the drug funding right now. the drug is approved in Canada and negotiations are in progress to establish what price each of the provincial government health care systems would pay the drug company. Until that negotiation is complete, the drug seems unavailable (in Canada) because there is no contract to pay for it. Hopefully that gets resolved soon. I will get an update from my doctor this week.
      Your offer to help moves me to tears. Thanks for your care. At this point you can join us in praying for funding to be settled soon.
      Kathy and I send our love to you and those three handsome guys you share your life with! Keep the faith!
      Brian

      Delete

Post a Comment