Skip to main content

No News Is Good News


The old axiom is:  "No news is good news."  I was reminded today in a phone call that there has not been any "news" on this blog for quite some time.  Well, no news has indeed been good news.  After my discharge from The Cross Cancer Institute a little more than a month and a half ago, the miracle of the stem cell transplant has continued.  We were told 3 to 6 months of healing, gaining weight and building strength.  By God's grace that seems to have happened much quicker for me.  I have been feeling well for quite some time now.  So well, in fact, I decided to skate on the pond with my grandsons on New Year's Day.  I had a foolish fall that has left me on crutches since . . . but I don't want to talk about it!

As you can see from the pictures, I recently celebrated a birthday with some of those who have journeyed closely with me. My perspective on milestones like a 60th birthday has changed.  I will be thankful for each birthday I get to celebrate with my family.


The doctor has still not used the word "remission" to describe the state of my cancer.  He said he needs to wait for some tests in the end of February to do that.  Please pray that the stem-cell-miracle of new bone marrow and blood in my body will also mean that the cancer is in remission for a good long time.

Kathy and I were reflecting today how through this whole 8 month journey of hospitalization, appointments, chemo and transplant that very few days have gone by where we haven't received a call, a visit, a text message or some other form of support.  We are grateful that God's love has been so evident through God's people. Thanks for helping us to keep the faith.

Comments