Skip to main content

Do You Believe In Miracles?

Do you believe in miracles?  I do.

Mysteriously, I have been inside a miracle for the last year.  I don't understand why.  In that time, two dear friends who also received a cancer diagnosis, succumbed to this monster. Their families grieve. Thousands more who I don't know were also taken, even though they and their families fretted and prayed and hoped. Perhaps there was a miracle hidden in their tragedy.  Perhaps not.  Still, I believe in miracles. I believe in them but I don't understand them. I suppose that is what makes them miraculous. 

This morning (Nov 15),  I reflect on the fact that exactly one year ago, a small bag of stem cells was transfused into my body.  It was a body that had been prepped by 6 months of chemotherapy and by a mega-dose of a drug that in essence wiped out my bone marrow and rendered my immune system useless.  I still shake my head when I think about the idea that somehow those immature cells that were transfused, knew what they had to do.  Over the weeks and months that followed, these cells gave me new marrow and new blood and a new immune system.
 

Doctors provided the treatment.  God provided the healing.

Remission.
 
A miracle wrapped around us each day.. 

We are #thankful!

Comments

  1. Brian, thank you for allowing me (all of us) to follow your journey in such a personal way. Both your outlook on your fiery trial, and your understanding of the mysteries of faith are admirable. You sir, are an example of what being a Christ follower is. I am so happy you are in remission. Enjoy every day. Life is so fragile. All the best, Shane.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kind words Shane. Thanks. The only thing I feel I am an example of, is how good God's grace is! Blessings to you!

      Delete

Post a Comment