Skip to main content

This Is the Day!

 


I bought a new coffee mug recently. I know, I know...that's not a very newsworthy event, but stay with me for a few moments.  Printed on the mug is: "It's a good day to have a good day." Normally we would avoid mugs with writing on them, but I was attracted to this mug because the message is just a slightly different version of a weathered sign that hangs along one of my favourite bike rides.  That sign says, "Today is a good day for a good day."

And it truly is a good day for a good day. We e-biked to Red Deer to see our oncologist last week and he said something we haven't heard since I relapsed in the winter of 2021, "All clinical indications show that you are in a complete remission."

For those of you who know about cancer treatments, you know it IS a fact that remissions become harder to achieve with each treatment protocol. At least it WAS a fact! I have been blessed, in this fourth treatment protocol which I began in January, with compassionate access to a new drug that is changing the facts (#thankful). So indeed it is a good day for a good day!

I think I'll take my mug and go have coffee (or more likely tea) with the writer of Psalm 118. I'm pretty sure his mug will say, "This is the day that the Lord has made; let us rejoice and be glad in it." (vs 24) Why not join us?

Comments

  1. Wow, That is great news Brian! Life is good! God is great!
    Are you still undergoing treatments at the moment?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Esther
      The news is great and God is (always) greater! We have had a really good summer. My oncologist regularly reminds us that presently there is no other treatment once this one is no longer effective. He feels it would be risky to make large changes in dosing or frequency. So, for now, I will continue with a treatment once per week as long as my body can tolerate it and as long as I can continue to avoid infections with the use of a mask in public, good hand health, careful food prep etc. We feel blessed.

      It is good to hear from you. It makes the ocean between us just a tiny bit smaller. Blessings to you and the family there. Keep the faith.
      Brian
      PS: I spoke in our church in June. IF you want to watch it (you don't have to!), you can do that here: https://www.youtube.com/live/h4vHcQ_kaCc?feature=shared

      Delete

Post a Comment